What we accept:
- Fan art
- Doctor Who related Poetry/Writing
- Head Cannon Essays
- Explanations of Your Feels
- Doctor Who History and Theory
Don’t fret my darlings, if you want to submit something other than what is on this list feel free to do so! We will more than likely accept it, as long as it fits within the following guidelines! (If for some reason you are unsure, please, drop us a line!)
- Please keep all writing submissions under 1000 words. Anything above that amount will still be reviewed, but there is a chance that it won’t make it in, depending on how much space we have left.
- Every issue will have one main story, or Cover Story, if you will, chosen by your humble curator. This story can be up to 5000 words, no greater. Obviously that is a huge mass of words, so don’t feel forced to reach that number. No seriously, please don’t.
- As of right now there is no limit to how many writing pieces will be featured in the zine, but in the future there may be a cap on it, just to ensure diversity.
- All artwork must be original and made by you. As for art made from screencaps of the show, I will allow them for now, but this may change in the future.
- Obviously Papier-mâché Ood masks, and mashed potato sculpture Faces of Bo will not be able to be put it into a printed zine, it’s not really possible, but if you would like to show off your awesome creations that are not paper friendly, take pictures! We will accept any pictures you have as long as they are your own, and Doctor Who related (obviously).
- Please note that if there is ever a printed version of this zine, it will more than likely be in black and white, unless we made people pay for it.
- Every issue will have an Artist Spotlight, which will contain a small bio of a selected artist, along with one or two of their works. This person will be selected by your curator, and notified of the situation.
Please include a good way to contact you along with all submissions, Tumblr ask boxes aren’t always the best way to share information.
If you are in any way concerned about using Tumblr’s submission box, you can always submit to the Type 40 gmail, shown beneath this paragraph. If you submit via email, please drop a note in the ask box saying that you did just to ensure that we check it in time.
Any further questions/concerns will be handled via the ask box.
Thank you and good luck!